Sunday, May 9, 2010

About that poll...

Before anyone else asks, yes, I would actually try and deliver the DVD version of the winner*. I already have the raws for the series I added to the poll. However, feel free to suggest anything else, but following the following rules:

1. Series must NOT have a DVD/Bluray version with English subtitles either completed or ongoing (stalled for months is OK)
2. Series must have been subbed at some point in English (I will not translate myself, I do enough of that on current shows), and must be available for download in a reasonably accessible way. **
3. Raws must exist, and access to them must be relatively appropriate.

tl;dr version: suggest a show that was subbed, but has no DVD/Bluray version.

*: I will start this new series after I finish D4 Princess next month (first half)
**: If the group who's subs I am using objects to them being used, he/she may contact me and ask me to stop using them


Later edit: OK, forgot something important. I like anime like Needless, Nanoha, Gundam SEED, Bleach, etc. I'm a "mainstream" anime fan. I do not usually like overly experimental anime (Kuuchuu Buranko), I hate boring slow-moving plots (most Bee-Train), I don't like sports anime, and I have an aversion to ninja/samurai anime (don't know why, I just don't  like those historicalish types). Basically, I won't bother with the types of shows that get dropped by all groups for lack of interest (unless I'm personally interested), or get one group working on them (like Kuuchuu Buranko).

4 comments:

  1. How about:
    Seitokai no Ichizon DVD;
    Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo DVD;
    Himawari! DVD;
    Maria Holic DVD (stalled by Coalgirls);
    School Days DVD (nobody completed it);
    11eyes Blu-ray;
    Needless Blu-ray;
    Ookami Kakushi Blu-ray;
    Aoi Bungaku Blu-ray;
    Kuuchuu Buranko Blu-ray;
    Mouryou no Hako Blu-ray (Norikumi are slow)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seitokai no Ichizon DVD: Inside info, someone's doing it
    Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki Jikenbo DVD: first time I've ever heard of this
    Himawari!: Hated it.
    Maria Holic: Hated it.
    School Days: All DVD episodes are on this site, through DDL: http://jpzrecords.blogspot.com/2010/04/school-days-dvd.html
    11eyes: more inside, may do if original planned drops
    Needless: Noted.
    Ookami Kakushi: Already claimed by my buddy. Give him some time.
    Aoi Bongaku: Hated it.
    Kuuchuu Buranko: Hated it more.
    Mouryou no Hako: Hated it.

    I appreciate your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* Needless just a thing you noted it *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hidamari no Ki

    Also: is there some xdcc bot that holds your releases anywhere?

    ReplyDelete