Thursday, July 23, 2015

Status report and the future

This is going to be a longer post then usual, so please bear with me.
Well, it's been more the 5 years since I started this crummy little blog, and a lot of things have happened since then. I was in collage back then, and I got my first job during my 3rd year. I then got my masters degree in management, and sadly, the company I worked for went under. Haven't been able to find a job since, but since I don't spend much anyway, I had saved up quite a bit. Anime wise, well... many things have changed. True fansubs are pretty much dead now since almost everything is simulcast and not many do they own translation anymore. There's still a huge need for groups that edit those subs because CR sometimes has shoddy editing. Funimation always has shitty video, horrible editing and translations and hardsubs. Way to go, Funi.... you suck. As for my kind, the BD groups, well, many of the ones that were around in 2010 are dead now. I guess it's a miracle that I've survived this long. In doing such, I've grown a pretty large backlog of projects. I've also developed a bit of apathy.

I think you all know what I'm getting at here, so might as well just say it: I am totally messing with you right now. The part about the apathy is true though, but that's not limited to BDs, it's pretty much in all of my life right now. This is not something someone my age should be feeling, so I'm going to do something about it. The way I see it, this kind of apathy makes you not want to do anything, but by not doing anything you remain stuck in this state. So I'm going to start doing stuff. Hopefully a lot of stuff. If you're lucky this might mean more releases by me.

I'm going to do my best to get out of this rut. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. greatest post ever, I actually busted up laughing at the second paragraph... as depressing as it is, and good luck to you, that first line was gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wishing you the best of luck. Get some traction and do your best.
    PS This ain't no crummy little blog; I find it rather special. Screw the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beat the shit out of that apathy, loved you attitude towards your problem, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your future works. I will be waiting for them. :)

    ReplyDelete