Saturday, August 15, 2020

Hakubo (Rating 5/10)

 

Set in the beautiful Fukushima, this is the story of young violin player Koyama Sachi. She meets a boy who loves painting, and develops a crush on him. But the boy, Kijinami Yuusuke, is still suffering from the aftermath of the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami. How will she get close to him so she can confess her love?

OK, who keeps giving Yamamoto Yutaka money? I only ask because this project was crowdfunded and got 21 million yen. That’s about 2000$, or something. Anyway, this short movie is fine. The problem is it’s JUST fine. So why did I watch it? And why did I encode it? Well, it’s short, at only 50 minutes. And it does look nice. And it reminded me of Sound Euphonium. It’s not close to being that good, but I did enjoy the “subtle” jabs at “other properties” Yutaka put in the movie. That takes balls. No class, but balls. Actually, that’s Yutaka in one sentence. No preview this time cause… the hell was I supposed to put in them?

Subs from Erai.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment