Monday, June 15, 2020

Nurse Angel Ririka SOS (Series rating: 10/10)

Click here for the DVD rip.

Click here for the DVD remux.

Ririka is just your average 10 year old girl. She spends time with her best friend Seya, and has a crush on her senpai. But little does she know that Kanou-senpai is actually an agent from another world sent here to save our planet from the evil of Black Joker. He is searching for the legendary Nurse Angel, the only one who can use the green vaccine to destroy the black vaccine used by Black Joker. And would you know it? Ririka just happens to be Nurse Angel.


If you haven’t figured it out, this is a magical girl series not unlike many before it, right? WRONG! This series is harsh. Before there was Madoka there was Ririka.
Ain’t no easy fights here. The dark side has unlimited supplies of the black vaccine but the green vaccine is very limited. And you ain’t finding any more. The battles are hard fought and nobody’s walking away without at least some pain. And guess what? Your family isn’t safe and the bad guys WILL go after them. The story starts off harsh but ends up fucking BRUTAL by the end. It’s a mahou shoujo as written by Nietzsche. Give the poor girl a break.
This show had a pretty high viewer count when it aired. Just one problem: it was the wrong viewers. The sponsor was a toy company who wanted to sell to kids. The viewers were mostly adults because the story was pretty girl and damn well written. Sponsors were not happy. Neither were the viewers, for the most part. The last two episodes just curbstomp your heart into the ground and then set it on fire.

8 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Sorry for suddenly asking this, and especially in an out-of-topic post, but I figured it may be best to ask the only person who released it... Do you still have a link to download the extended ending of Mai-Otome Zwei? I've been googling for it, but I've hardly had any luck finding it. Would appreciate a response from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the link, but I'm 100% sure I have the file. Gimme a day or two to dig it up from the archive.

      Delete
    2. No problem. I'll wait for you to upload it. Thank you so much!

      Delete
    3. I haven't forgotten, but I have not been able to get home these past few days. Work has been a BITCH. Sorry.

      Delete
    4. No worries. Thank you for letting me know about the status. I'm just glad you haven't forgotten about it. I'll wait until all is free and settled for you.

      Delete
  2. thank you for doing this. It had been too long that the ENG subs were only the very old ones. Whenever I showed the show to people I had to let them know the quality drops hard to VHS half-way through because it was a cobbled together sub collection. Now I don't! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Seya is literally the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seya is great, but I'm more partial to Dewey. Usually when someone does a heel-face-turn they get weaker but Dewey kicked far more ass as a good guy. He earned his place in the team all right.

      Delete