Friday, June 19, 2020

Divergence Eve (Series rating: 8/10)




Another blast from the past. One of the first sci-fi series I ever saw, and it holds a special place in my heart. Truth be told, I did not care much for it until I finished the second season (which this torrent includes). When everything was pieced together I appreciated a lot more. The series does have some problems. First of which is, as you may have noticed, the character design. The boobs are HUGE. And they don’t more the way boobs move. Truth be told, I think they didn’t really know what they wanted to do with this series at the beginning. The first couple of episodes really have a lot of unnecessary fanservice. Then they settled on a sci-fi horror story and it worked far better. The huge boobs can be distracting during the more serious moments. But the story, in mu opinion, makes up for it. Be warned that the first 13 episodes are told kind of out of order. Episode 01 is actually episode 12, chronologically. I think they did that to make you interested in the story, but with zero context, you’re not going to have any clue what happens.

The source for this were the R2 DVDs, using the R1 subs. Contains both seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment